Dentaqua – Green Dentistry
Colm Smith Dental Clinic offers state-of-the-art dental care and environmentally-friendly, green dentistry. We serve the local communities with top quality, environmentally conscious general, cosmetic, orthodontic and specialist dentistry.
Our priorities are patient safety, patient care and protecting the environment. We use the safest materials the industry has to offer, the most advanced dental technologies and eco-friendly systems.
We are an eco-friendly dental practice that you can trust to provide comprehensive oral care for your entire family. Our practice is committed to your safety and protecting the environment. As a part of this commitment, we have invested in a number of eco-friendly systems. We do not offer any dental restorations containing mercury and we use amalgam separators to facilitate the safe removal of old amalgam fillings. For your safety, we have installed the latest Dentaqua chemical-free disinfection system. Dentaqua produces a natural, non-toxic disinfectant that we use throughout our practice for dental waterline cleaning, surface disinfection and for aerosol disinfection in between patients.
Furthermore, we use the following to support our commitment to green dentistry and environmental sustainability:
- Steam sterilisation techniques with cloth-based pouches instead of plastic
- Solutions to minimise paper-plastic barriers while achieving excellent infection control
- Recycled content flooring and cabinetry with no VOCs
- Recycling and composting programs
- Office supplies from sustainable raw materials
- Digital communications with patients to reduce paper waste
- Digital Imaging
- Minimal use of disposable dental consumables
- Dry vacuum system, saving significant water usage
- Energy-efficient appliances and dental equipment
- Utilization of natural lighting